How to use My SIP Switch

Coordinator
Nov 1, 2007 at 7:02 PM
Edited Nov 2, 2007 at 10:18 AM
Hi all,

If you need help or feedback from other users or project admins, please, use our forum: http://www.mysipswitch.com/forum/index.php. Thanks!

Here is a quick user guide done by one of our user. Thanks Emoci.

Making Calls

• 1. Register your Software or ATA with MySipSwitch (SSUser, SSPassword, sip.mysipswitch.com)

• 2. Configure your Dial Plans

• a) Let one provider handle all your calls (no *1, *2 etc. required)
exten => _X.,1,Switch(user,pass,${EXTEN}@providerproxy.com)

• b) Use Multiple Providers by choosing among them using *1, *2 etc, :

exten => _*1X.,1,Switch(user,pass,${EXTEN:2}@providerproxy1.com)
exten => _*2X.,1,Switch(user,pass,${EXTEN:2}@providerproxy2.com)

So if I wanted to call 14161112222 via provider 1, I would dial *114161112222

If I wanted to dial 14161112222 via provider 2, I would dial *214161112222

• c) Route Calls based on number format:

If I wanted to route all North American numbers dialed in 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx format via one provider and long distance numbers via another provider:
exten => _1X.,1,Switch(user,pass,${EXTEN}@NorthAmericalProvider.com)
exten => _011X.,1,Switch(user,pass,${EXTEN}@LongDistance.com)

• d) Adjust for local dialing

If I wanted to be able to dial all North American numbers without dialing the 1 (just xxx-xxx-xxxx) while leaving long distance dialing intact:
exten => _011X.,1,Switch(user,pass,${EXTEN}@LongDistance.com)
exten => _X.,1,Switch(user,pass,1${EXTEN}@NorthAmericalProvider.com)

Note the order of Dial Rules

Receiving Calls

Receiving Calls by registering ATA with MySipSwitch

• 1. Register your ATA with MySipSwitch
  • 2. Register provider in your MySipSwitch account (Config page, under Registrations):

Username: Provider Username
Password: Provider Password
Server: ProviderServer.com or ProviderServer.com:5060 (use actual server as required by your provider)
Domain/Realm [optional] :
Expiry Seconds (60 to 3600) : 3600 (this is the default value, change if required)

Add it, and use the Monitoring page to see that everything went fine. Now calls to the third party provider will ring your ATA/SoftPhone registered with MySipSwitch

Receiving Calls in your ATA registered with another provider

• -Other provider that will receive the call must support SIP URI calls from third party networks
  • -This is an example on how to use MySipSwitch to forward calls coming in from certain providers via SIP URI to a different location

• -Register provider in your MySipSwitch account (Config page, under Registrations):

Server: ProviderServer.com or ProviderServer.com:5060 (use actual server as required by your provider)
Expiry Seconds (60 to 3600) : 3600 (this is the default value, change if required)

Receiving Calls on an actual PSTN/Telephone number

• 1. Register a provider with MySipSwitch

• 2. Create a Special DialPlan (preferrably near the end of the list if you have other Dial Plans you are using):

exten = SipSwitchUsername,1,SwitchCall(user,pass,NumberToCall@OutgoingProvider.com)

• 3. Check "Use dial plan for incoming calls" checkbox

Now calls to any providers which have been pointed to SipSwitchUsername@sip.mysipswitch.com, or SIP URI calls to SipSwitchUsername@sip.mysipswitch.com will ring the Phone Number you setup.
Apr 7, 2009 at 11:34 AM
Is mysipswitch working on live IP